Dance As a Form of Exercise
Bollywood dancing is known as a dance that owes its roots to the Hindu religion and Indian culture. Nowadays, as Bollywood (India’s film industry) expands and grows more popular worldwide, the trend of Bollywood dancing is following with it. Bollywood dancing is a complex, but fun and enjoyable activity that can double as a heart-pumping workout – one as exciting as the beats you’re swaying your hips to!
Here are the top 10 health benefits of Bollywood dancing:
- Boosts coordination and rhythm – Bollywood dancing requires the dancers to fully immerse themselves with the musical beats they are moving to. From tapping your feet to quick rhythms to shrugging your shoulders in slow, rich movements, Bollywood dancing helps develop the body’s natural rhythm, and strengthens coordination skills and balance.
- Exciting form of exercise – Bollywood dancing is an incredibly animated activity and provides the body with some great aerobic exercise. Dancing in itself engages the whole body and can work up a sweat, but the enjoyment one feels while dancing is unrivaled given how much the body engages in physical exercise.
- Tones the body – The outgoing and expressive beats of Bollywood dance music can’t help but get your body moving quickly. Each motion helps tone key muscle groups such as the calves and the core, making Bollywood dancing a fun way to get lean.
- Lubricates the joints – The rigorous movements involved in Bollywood dancing aid help loosen up the whole body by keeping joints well-lubricated, which prevents arthritis. Dancers become more flexible and agile as various moves and dances are performed, helping the dancer feel more at ease within their own body.
- Relieves stress – Bollywood dancing provides a happy and fun version of traditional Indian dance. Because of how fun it is and the exercise involved, Bollywood dancing is great way to help you forget your worries, with dance routines refreshing the mind, keeping the body in motion and blowing cobwebs away as you sweat out your worries
- Aerobic Exercise- Bollywood dance for fitness is like many other aerobic exercises, requiring commitment, consistency and progression. Bollywood dancing can be an excellent substitute for your cardio needs in your workout and helps build stamina and endurance.
- Oxygen supply-The Bollywood dance form is a great form of aerobic exercise, as it involves lots of active and energetic movements. This helps boost the supply of oxygen through the body, ensuring your muscles get the most oxygen to keep you moving. In fact, back in the 90s, the dance moves were usually modelled on aerobic movements like jumping jacks, toe touches, side to side lunging and so on.
- Full body workout – Being a high-intensity dance form with fast and upbeat movements, Bollywood dancing helps shed extra weight fast.The full-body movements help in working both the upper and the lower body at the same time while toning the core muscles.
- Fun – Bollywood dance is a fantastic workout with a feel-good factor. It’s upbeat, energetic and gets a sweat happening pretty fast. Whether or not you go into Bollywood dancing with a group or friends or solo, it’s a great way to make new friends and socialize as you meet other dancers.
- For everyone – Bollywood dancing incorporates various styles of dance, touching on everyone’s personal style. In Bollywood dancing, some of the more popular dances use a combination folk, jazz, salsa, Arabic and street. It’s dancing for everyone from all walks of life – whether you’re a seasoned dancer, never danced before, older, younger, or from other opposite ends of the world, you’re sure to find fun in Bollywood dancing.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.